Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September 11

This morning I got up extra early to cheer on two friends as they ran the Lehigh Valley Half Marathon! I met them at the starting line in downtown Bethlehem, and then saw them again at the 3 mile mark and then 9.5 mile mark. Although I was bummed I couldn't also be at the finish line, Jess and Kristi both set personal records with this race - great job girls!


GO!!


This is at 9.5 miles in... still smiling!!




After I left my cheering station, I headed to meet Abe & the boys at church because it was Rally Day! The boys got re-aquainted with their teachers and helped move all of the food that the students brought in to the church's food pantry. During the church service there was a Blessing of the Backpacks, so all of the kids went up front with their school backpacks on for a special prayer to start the school year. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment