Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 19

Today started like every Saturday does with breakfast at Billy's in Bethlehem. Then Abe hung out with the boys at home while I took a glorious 2.5 hour nap... that almost never happens and I felt better today than I have in weeks! After I woke up Abe got his riding lawn mower out of the garage to give the yard a once-over, only to discover that sometime over the winter the transmission stopped working. After Jonah got up from his nap, we went to a local garden store to look at new tractors, but not before stopping at our favorite afternoon refreshment stop:


Even though Riley refuses to nap in his bed anymore, I know he still needs an afternoon nap because whenever we go somewhere after 1 pm in the car he ends up looking like this. He was asleep and snoring by the time we got to the end of our street today!


Abe and Jonah checking out the new tractors... after this stop we decided that we're going to have our existing one repaired - Sears is coming to the house Thursday morning to take care of it.


Today I want to make a prayer request... one of my friends from working at Camp Mosey Wood a million years ago is named Tracie. Her camp name was HC, which stands for Hic Chic (or jokingly, Hates Celery). I found out this morning that on Thursday her parents' house burned down - her dad made it out of the house safely, but her mom passed away in the fire. Another friend, my dad and I will be traveling to Mechanicsburg on Wednesday for the memorial service, but I'd like to ask that you keep Tracie, her sister Vickie, and their dad Edwin in your prayers as they deal with this devastating loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment